Thursday 15 August 2013

A Book Tour of Europe

Reading Around Europe


This post  is WAY more important than packs, budget or accommodation.

After much research, I have worked out my reading list for my trip. The criteria?

All books must be:
  • Entertaining; 
  • Available on Kindle; and (this is the most important) 
  • Based in the regions we are visiting.

So here's the list:
  1. Safe as Houses by Simone van der Vlugt
  2. The Fault in our Stars by John Green
  3. The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank
  4. The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux - I meant to download The Hunchback of Notre Dame but what the hey
  5. A Year in Provence by Peter Mayle 
  6. Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
  7. The Hound of the Baskervilles by Arthur Conan Doyle
  8. Three Men and a Boat by Jerome K Jerome
  9. A Midsummer Nights Dream by William Shakespeare ( and maybe his sonnets)
  10. Christopher Hitchens and His Critics by Simon Cottee, Thomas Cushman and Christopher Hitchens
  11. The Book of Liverpool by assorted writers
  12. Ender's Shadow by Orson Scott Card

A very diverse list! Should keep me going for a while, provided I have access to the kindle (and it's not appropriated by some other member of my family).


I created the list using these websites:

Books Set In.... - a list of books set in a variety of countries, with a search function and links to amazon
Goodreads - particularly a great group, called Around the World in 80 Days

and - general knowledge.

Let's see how I go!


Image from Free World Maps



No comments:

Post a Comment